Friday, June 4, 2010

Masked, Unmasked and Remasked But There is No Truth in the "I"


The Deconstruction of a Wishing Well

i do not know if i am ever undressing, dressing or redressing under all the layers all the prints, all the colors i wish to lay naked with a single sheet and only a single sheet twisted between my feet i do not understand what you make of me, but i do not care for your legs to be there i do not want to wake to feel our spines aligned like stairs ascending reality to leave the dream-state one two three four twenty-five cents for twenty-five thoughts quarters reflecting eyes reflecting quarters reflecting light, your lips twisting smirking like Washington

when i peered past the circular stones and into its dark belly you become frustrated
with my inability to make a wish one wish twenty-five cents for twenty-five thoughts one wish i threw silence telling you my mind was enough

I.E.L

1 comment:

jjjjjjjjane@gmail.com said...

Can you please tell me the name of this painting? Or the artist? Thank you.