Monday, August 2, 2010

My First Request

This is when you know your big, when you get your first request.

Request dedicated to my number one fan, my mom. Special, right? This short prose story was a creative final for a class I took, Space and Time: Worlding the Pacific Rim, Professor Rob Wilson. This is not the full length but if anyone is interested in the whole story I would be happy to send it your way.



Once J. asked me to do his laundry. I felt like jill tumbling after jack clutching a pail filled with monsters. R. noticed the tension, telling us its time to progress, change, transform. Handed me the directions “Here is not where we should be”. Under a small red arrow, in fine print it read, “there is where we got to get”. M. had already started the car, as L. stuck a Jesus-bobble head onto the dashboard. F. dressed completely in black, saying Friday wasn’t a good day to travel on. Each time we passed a state border, I tried to feel the progress, but I just felt J.’s heavy head on my shoulder. M. must have turned the car around; for I woke to L. shaking me awake saying Friday wasn’t a good day to travel on and J. was still holding his dirty laundry.

I close my eyes to isolate.
J. whispers in my ear “There could come here and abandon us”

With open eyes I tell him that's silly,
for here never seems to be anywhere near.




Art By: Unknown

No comments: