Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who Wastes His Child Born So Wild



















The Cross By My House


I dreamt
I was floating face down
inside this cross
like that scene 
in Romeo + Juliet
when Tybalt
is shot outside
the church
floating
below jesus
or was it mary?
the face of that statue
terrified and condemning
and when I woke
gasping to breath
because I thought 
I had finally
plunged out of 
the water
I felt terrified, alone
and misplaced
so I returned
to the cross
and read
the Century
since 1787
the passion
for the real
still exists
never close
to a birth,
this cross
is the montage
of semblance
man has killed Christ
and man has killed man
and for repentance 
built a sunken 
cruciform water-feature
for his grave. 










Officially living in Dublin, Ireland.

2 comments:

JUSTINMEINECKE said...

congratulations on your move. i read this often and i really like it. please continue.

Jesus, Mary and Isabel said...

thank you justin!!! :]