Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Will Shake You Off


Sister, presently I do not know what my professors are trying to tell me other than humans are the worse predators on planet Earth. The human strengths include memory, desire, determination. All of these determine downfall. Memories to haunt us, desires to drive other's away, and determination envelopes us with madness. The line has blurred, danger is present if the human mind can be fed by any kind of knowledge. Are men innately evil? Do we die because no matter what we are doomed a demise? Every book and film this university has shoved at me ponders if men are alone or united, but if Kane calls out "snowball" is the memory substantial enough for him to feel not alone or at peace with his past? Emerson states that with experience, human's "must be suspicious of the deceptions of the element of time". And every so often my roommate says to not worry there is always time, regardless of there being a mistake in her translation, I swear I feel time slip. And I am afraid that all of this will one day be a memory, and I will leave with one eye laughing and the other crying, and neither comforts me. I wish that memories had the same consistency as the glue on the back of a post-it. 

No comments: