Monday, November 15, 2010

The Dream Vision


Underwater I watched whales catapulting 
their enormous jaws out of their mouths
snapping around polar bears' necks
 the helpless white animals
sunk mercilessly into the dark unknown.

I swam to shore, terrified
waves treacherous testing the strength I didn't have
when I made it I realized it was a black room
gentle man-made waves,
Jamie turned to me
 wearing super green goggles
asking if I was happier now
and I told her I regretted coming home.

Twelve years of reoccurring whale dreams
the unconscious tapping into the underworld
they say you can't escape emotional disorders
humans hunting whales and whales haunting dreams

How do I sleep so soundly when hunted?
Who do I call upon to calm the sea
 around my sleeping mind?
And to whom responds,
do I beg to die than rather live?
For what grows overnight dies overnight
and what dies overnight no longer exists.



So I have been chatting with a good amount of people and I think its fair to say that November 13-19 is intense dream week, maybe its from all the Nyquil and Paracetamol. 



No comments: