Friday, April 27, 2012

I Would Argue That This Is The First Poem I Ever Wrote




We did it just like the Belgians


we slept there
                     on the Belgium grass
                                                 zipped up inside your green tent
with secrets
                     like the one where I kissed your lips
                                                 when mine should have stayed dry

my heart felt like it threw up in my lungs
                               every time you left the tent
                                                  as I laid there naked

drenched in sweat
                      the sun blazed through the nylon
                                                 and you would return

with a baguette or two
                  depending on how you sweet talked the French boy
                                       and we would just lie there unzipped in your sleeping bag

tangled like the small black spiders that
                            dangled from the corners
                                           you told me you would eat them

words that tricked me into your arms
                     but every night we left that tent
                                         to disappear into larger ones

 I lost him every night
                    till we would climb back into the bag
                                                              with our secrets

and all I wanted was to
                     share with the world what we shared inside the tent
                                                                       but the last day arrived

you left without a kiss without a goodbye
                             just the tent on your back

No comments: