Sunday, July 25, 2010

Caviar and Cigarettes



He watched the mug
shake from the table
all the way to her lips
and he knew
she didn't believe him
well she couldn't believe him

when she looked away
he quickly swallowed
the last two pills
hoping it would stop
his jaw from dislocating
he knew he looked
like that skeleton
with a top hat
jaw dancing
on the table
jagged sharp thrusts
like the cool kids
and hip hop

I'm telling you
I'm telling you this,
that day in the park
that day we swore
the sky was gray and
covered in clouds
but the photos
showed the sky
blue, no not blue
aquamarine sea blue
shit! too rich
too rich for our eyes
and that day
after those two tabs
and frisbees
chasing dogs
I felt the sun.
I felt the goddamn sun
and I swear it was
hidden under
a gray clouded sky

she just lit a cigarette
didn't hear a word
not cause she wasn't listening
but cause his jaw
was clenched tight
and his eyeballs
were on the floor.


Photography: IEL
In Photo: Miko


No comments: