Saturday, October 2, 2010

We Call Him Our Saviour















Well I guess it is meant to be, I entered a second hand bookshop and the Book of Longing was propped up nicely on the poetry shelf. 

The Book of Longing

I can't make the hills
the system is shot
I'm living on pills
for which I thank God

I followed the course
from chaos to art
desire the horse
depression the cart

I sailed like a swan
I sank like a rock
but time is long gone
past my laughing stock

My page is too white
my ink is too thin
the day wouldn't write
what the night pencilled in

My animal howl
My angel's upset
But I'm not allowed
a trace of regret

For someone will use
what I couldn't be
my heart will be hers
impersonally

She'll step on the path
She'll see what I mean
my will cut in half
and freedom between

For less than a second
our lives will collide
the endless suspended
the door open wide

Then she will be born
to someone like you
what no one has done
she'll continue to do

I know she is coming
I know she will look
and that is the longing
and this is the book

Sweet Time
How sweet time feels
when it's too late

and you don't have to follow
her swinging hips

all the way into
your dying imagination

Fun

It is so much fun
to believe in God
you must try it sometime
try it now
and find out whether
or not
God wants you
to believe in Him

"I believe you are standing in the place where I am suppose to be standing"

The Sweetest Little Song

You go your way
I'll go your way too

No comments: